Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Purpose found through music montage "Be Invited"


I've been watching Bones and i've skipped a lot of episodes to get to the closer dynamic of Booth and Brennan, but the point is...

I haven't posted in a while. I've been hopeless and unmotivated about acting recently, with everything else going on and feeling inadequate, out of shape, and unlearned. But, during the near end scene of episode 7x06 i was re-impassioned

It's like i listen to a song superimposed over the montage of visual intrigue (irony, sadness, cleverness, edge, dark, raw depth) and i don't even know how to describe it. You hear a song that empowers you and gives you feeling and therefore life and purpose. This may be my favorite song now.

It makes things clear--that feeling of purpose and passion. It feels good"There's something at work here." With the song and video montage, i see the actors in character... there's no dialogue, just action to a soundtrack. This reminds me of what is in my future. Playing a character that is so valuable and loved, doing these actions with so much meaning behind every expression.

This is the song. I couldn't find the scene itself on youtube but click here for the episode link (song starts 38:18).



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, you and the music. I really like this post, you exress yourself so elegantly and inspire me as well. And the song is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete