Monday, January 30, 2012

LDS Film Festival Filmmaker [Twice] VOICE ACTING

I was part of the LDS Film Festival for the second year. Each time was the 24 hour film making marathon. There's a theme, object, and line that they give you at the beginning of the 24 hours, then it's go-time and you have to incorporate that criteria into your film.


2012 [2nd year to participate] 
-- Theme: Anniversary; Object: a cake; Line: "I really want to..."
Team: Moroni Taylor, Jared Garrison, Billy Machin, April Garrison. I produced it. I definitely had a bigger role this time around than last year. I also helped the film concept with April and came up with main dialogue. I was also the main voice actor. I played the character, Loretta. Take a look.
This year's films were a step above last year. We did not win this time around, or even place, which is bull, but whatever.


2011 [1st year to participate] -- 
Theme: generosity; Object: a dollar bill; Line: "What more can I..."
Team: Moroni Taylor, Clifford Taylor, Jared Garrison. My role: i basically just produced it. Entered the contest, burned it onto disc, and handed it in. All the manual labor took place in CT with Moroni, Clifford, and Jared in animation. Here's the video:
It was pretty cool. There were about 30 entrants and we placed 2nd. We won $150. And I got a cool filmmaker badge.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Hungry Yeti might've been more relatable for an LDS audience. But they're both awesome.

    ReplyDelete